Kids Design Competition
2021 Kids’ Design Competition is live
This year’s theme is CONNECTIONS
Think of the word CONNECTIONS, what is the first thing that comes to your mind? What are some things you can think of that keep us connected? What keeps us together even when we are apart? What types of connections are there? – with our families and friends, with the land in which we live, with the people from the land in which we live, with people from all over the world, with the planet, with the environment. Can we live without connections?
How to enter
Reflect on the word CONNECTIONS and design a creature that could be made in glass. This creature should be inspired by your understanding of this word and how CONNECTIONS are important to you.
The winner of the design competition will be announced Friday 27th August on social media and winners will be contacted via email. The winning design will be made out of glass by a professional artist in a public demonstration and displayed in our foyer before the design winner takes their glass creature home!
Competition opens: Friday 25th June 2021 and will run throughout the school holidays
Competition closes: 4PM Sunday 22 August 2021
Winning design announced: Friday 27 August 2021 on social media
Public demonstration of the winning design: TBA
Terms & Conditions
- The Promoter is Canberra Glassworks (A.B.N. 22 120 881 898).
- Entry to Canberra Glassworks competitions is open to all Australian residents; excluding employees and their immediate families of the Promoter.
- To enter Canberra Glassworks competitions, entrants must answer all competition questions and entries must be received by the Promoter by the close of business on the specified closing date.
- Prize winners of Canberra Glassworks competitions are selected at 11 Wentworth Avenue, Kingston, ACT, 2064 on the specified competition judging date. Winners are contacted by email or mail within 5 business days of selection and may be announced in an upcoming issue of our electronic newsletter and/or our website.
- The judges’ decision is final and binding. As such, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Competitions are games of skill and as such, winning entries are selected based on the creativity of entries submitted.
- Unless expressly stated, all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner.
- If any prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
- Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winning and may wish to seek independent financial advice prior to the acceptance of the prize.
- All prize winners agree to the use of their name and address suburb for publicity and competition purposes, without compensation.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash, credit or product and no exchanges are offered. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize (or part thereof).
- The Promoter, their associated agencies and companies associated with this competition take no responsibility for prize damage or lost in transit and the Promoter will not be responsible for any delay in delivery, damage to or loss in transit of the prize.
- Each entrant’s personal information (“PI”) is collected to enable the Promoter to administer and promote this Competition and the winner. The PI of winners may be provided to third parties who are assisting the Promoter, including prize suppliers, deliverers and authorities that regulate competitions. Entrants who fail to provide all requested PI may be determined by the Promoter, at its sole discretion, to be ineligible to win a prize. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, corruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer networks and systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination of them, including any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Competition.
- All entries become the property of Canberra Glassworks. As such, Canberra Glassworks is the owner of all copyright and other intellectual property in the winning responses.
- The laws of Australian Capital Territory govern Canberra Glassworks competitions.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardize the fair and proper conduct of the competition. The Promoters legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If for any reason the competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the event and recommence it from the start on the same conditions at a later date.
- The Promoter will take no responsibility for prizes lost or damaged in transit.