Kids Design Competition
2022 Kids’ Design Competition is live!
For the International Year of Glass, Canberra Glassworks will run the Kids’ Design Competition in partnership with Canberra Museum and Gallery as part of the DESIGN Canberra Festival 2 – 20 November 2022.
Draw your design of a creature inspired by your interpretation of FANTASTIC CREATURES. Check out the video accompanying Tom Moore’s exhibition at Canberra Museum and Gallery and remember to make sure your design can be made in glass!
Be inspired by the magical and beguiling world of Tom Moore’s FANTASTIC CREATURES featuring in his upcoming exhibition at the Canberra Museum and Gallery! Who is your Fantastic Creature? What magical and unusual world do they live in? What kind of magic do they possess? What makes your creature fantastic?
JamFactory ICON 2020 Tom Moore: Abundant Wonder
showing at Canberra Museum and Gallery
5 November 2022 to 12 February 2023
The winner of the design competition will be announced Friday 21st October on social media and winning designer will be contacted via email. The winning design will be made out of glass by artist extraordinaire, Tom Moore, in a public demonstration and displayed in our foyer before the design winner takes their glass creature home!
Submit your designs by 4pm, Sunday 16 October 2022!
Terms & Conditions
- The Promoter is Canberra Glassworks (A.B.N. 22 120 881 898).
- Entry to Canberra Glassworks competitions is open to all Australian residents; excluding employees and their immediate families of the Promoter.
- To enter Canberra Glassworks competitions, entrants must answer all competition questions and entries must be received by the Promoter by the close of business on the specified closing date.
- Prize winners of Canberra Glassworks competitions are selected at 11 Wentworth Avenue, Kingston, ACT, 2064 on the specified competition judging date. Winners are contacted by email or mail within 5 business days of selection and may be announced in an upcoming issue of our electronic newsletter and/or our website.
- The judges’ decision is final and binding. As such, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Competitions are games of skill and as such, winning entries are selected based on the creativity of entries submitted.
- Unless expressly stated, all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner.
- If any prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
- Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winning and may wish to seek independent financial advice prior to the acceptance of the prize.
- All prize winners agree to the use of their name and address suburb for publicity and competition purposes, without compensation.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash, credit or product and no exchanges are offered. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize (or part thereof).
- The Promoter, their associated agencies and companies associated with this competition take no responsibility for prize damage or lost in transit and the Promoter will not be responsible for any delay in delivery, damage to or loss in transit of the prize.
- Each entrant’s personal information (“PI”) is collected to enable the Promoter to administer and promote this Competition and the winner. The PI of winners may be provided to third parties who are assisting the Promoter, including prize suppliers, deliverers and authorities that regulate competitions. Entrants who fail to provide all requested PI may be determined by the Promoter, at its sole discretion, to be ineligible to win a prize. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, corruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer networks and systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination of them, including any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Competition.
- All entries become the property of Canberra Glassworks. As such, Canberra Glassworks is the owner of all copyright and other intellectual property in the winning responses.
- The laws of Australian Capital Territory govern Canberra Glassworks competitions.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardize the fair and proper conduct of the competition. The Promoters legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If for any reason the competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the event and recommence it from the start on the same conditions at a later date.
- The Promoter will take no responsibility for prizes lost or damaged in transit.