Kingston Power House
The Historic Kingston Power House was one of the first permanent buildings in Canberra and powered the early development of the city. When it was closed in 1957, many ideas emerged concerning the fate of the Power House and its land, ranging from demolition to warehouse space. Fifty years later, the Canberra Glassworks was established in May 2007. It is a landmark project for the ACT community with local, national and international significance.
Canberra Glassworks offers free guided tours of the Kingston Power House every Saturday at 11 am. Click here to book a place.