Make Your Own
Please be aware that during the Make Your Own workshop, you will be working in close proximity to other people. Canberra Glassworks maintains rigorous cleaning and sanitation practices to ensure that all equipment is carefully attended to. Wherever possible, we ask that you practice social distancing during the duration of the activity.
Create your own artwork with one-on-one guidance from a highly skilled Teaching Artist. Make your own paperweight, bird, tumbler or vase in a short one-on-one session from 20 to 40 minutes long.
We also offer a variety of Creative Workshops, including glass blowing, flame working, cold working, engraving, bead making, kiln forming and casting for all different levels of ability. Click here for details.
Gift Vouchers for Make Your Own experiences are currently suspended.
The safety of our visitors, staff and artists are our #1 priority! Therefore, Canberra Glassworks has decided to close to visitors living or working in the areas of Greater Sydney because of the current COVID situation in Sydney until further notice.
We ask that anyone who will be affected by this and has booked into one of our upcoming Creative Workshops and School Holiday program please contact us at email@example.com to reschedule your workshop or organise a refund where possible.
- These are one-one-one sessions with an artist. If you want to attend with a group or another person you may book into consecutive sessions.
- If using a physical gift voucher, please book your session through our office on (02) 6260 7005
- Gift vouchers for Make Your Own sessions are currently suspended
- Due to WHS requirements, participants must be aged 14 and over.
- Please register with Reception in the foyer of Canberra Glassworks, at least 10 minutes prior to your session time.
- Parking on weekends can be difficult due to the neighbouring Old Bus Depot Markets.
- You must wear completely covered shoes (no sandals, thongs or ballet flats!),
- You must wear non-synthetic clothing (it is recommended that participants wear long trousers and long-sleeved shirts to protect from heat rash)
- Long hair must be tied back
- Please opt to wear your prescription glasses over contact lenses, if applicable
- Due to the annealing process, paperweights and vessels will not be available to take home on the same day – your piece will be available for collection from reception the following Wednesday after your session.
- If you cannot collect your piece, postage can be arranged at an additional cost of $15 per item. Quotes for international postage can be supplied.
Refunds/Changes to Bookings
- Please contact us via email if you would like to change or cancel your booking. Changes and cancellations can be made up to 24 hours before your session starts.