2021 Intensive Professional Workshop
Applications for 2021 are now closed
The aim of the Intensive Professional Workshop is to help experienced artists develop in technique, ways of thinking and personal exploration that will help them to create work that is inherently personal and innovative. There will be an emphasis on technique, the theory and practice of effective and efficient form making, conceptualising a work and the inextricable relationship between these fundamentals.
Conduit – building connections
2nd to 7th April 2021*
Conduit – building connections aims to equip each participant with confidence and ways to build your practice around
Conduit: building connections will be compromised of a balance of shared projects, demonstrations and discussions alongside individual working time and tutorials. The teaching artists’ aim is to provide a pathway for every participant to develop their own voice through each set project.
Materials other than glass will be employed in some projects but will be used to reference glass as a material for artistic expression. The Intensive Professional Workshop will be based in kiln forming and cold working, however artists with experience in other areas of working with glass are welcome to apply.
Kirstie and Mel have developed a strong and supportive working relationship over the past 25 years. This relationship has been based on philosophies of working and modes of investigating that will be shared and used within this class. Kirstie and Mel have extensive teaching experience built around developing and sharing both studio and artistic experiences.
Number of participants: 8
Participation in this Intensive Professional Workshop will be assessed by a panel. Artists looking to participate in Conduit: building connections must complete an application form.
Full price of Intensive Professional Workshop is $2100 per student
Canberra Glassworks and the Tall Foundation are offering assistance to artists, to help bridge the financial gap. Artists looking to participate in Conduit: building connections should complete an application as follows:
As part of the Intensive Professional Workshop, Canberra Glassworks and the Tall Foundation are offering bursaries to all 8 students looking to participate in Conduit: building connections, as follows:
• 2 places will be offered with full bursary, students will be required to pay $0 each
• 2 places will be offered with 60% bursary, students will be required to pay $845 each
• 4 places will be offered with 40% bursary, students will be required to pay $1270 each
Bursaries will only be granted towards the course fee.
1. Applications open 23 December 2020
2. Your application must be made online via the “apply now” link below
3. Applications close at 11.59pm on Sunday, 31 January 2021.
4. You will be notified of the result of your applications by Friday, 19 February 2021.
Selection of the full and partial bursaries will be made by a panel that may include:
• Canberra Glassworks Artistic Director or CEO
• Mel Douglas and Kirstie Rea
• Member of the Canberra Glassworks Engagement Committee (subcommittee of Board)
• External glass artist or curator
Assessment will be made for placements, including bursaries full or partial. To apply for a placement in Conduit: building connection, please complete an online application via the link below.
*The Intensive Professional Workshop, scheduled for 2nd – 7th April, may be subject to change due to pandemic circumstances.