Production & Commissions
Canberra Glassworks’ commissioning service supports the production of Australian bespoke glass artwork, light fixtures, tableware or corporate gifts designed specifically for a particular project. We are able to realise your design with all the exciting properties of glass that allows less constraints in the design phase. Through the flexibility and adaptability of the medium we can develop solutions that have three dimensional and spatial qualities unlike any other material.
Commissions are undertaken in consultation with architects or designers from the earliest design stages of a project. While some clients prefer us to create the design, many prefer to be heavily involved in the process – the choice is yours. Either way we work closely with you to refine the commission and provide you with a detailed quote and time line for delivery. With access to a world class facility and exceptional local artists specialising in glass blowing, kiln forming, casting and cold working, we can provide you with a unique design and fabrication opportunity.
- Submit an online enquiry using the form above
- Enquire in person at Reception between 10am and 4pm, Wednesday to Friday.
- Contact the Production & Commissions Manager on (02) 6185 0383 between 9am and 5pm, Mondays and Tuesdays.
Glassworks’ Commissioned Projects
- Elliat Rich x Professor Joel Pearson and Canberra Glassworks, Otherescope, 2020 Sydney Design Week Commission for the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences. Exhibited in Hybrid: Objects for Future Home
- Edition of ten cast dugong bones for Quandamooka artist Megan Cope in association with Milani Gallery Brisbane for the UNSW Galleries exhibition Megan Cope: Fractures & Frequencies
- 1890s Epergne heritage restoration for Parliament House Sydney
- Heritage lighting projects for Old Parliament House, Canberra and Government House, Sydney (see below Government House Sydney)
- Custom design decanters by Scott Chaseling for Pilot Restaurant, Canberra
After receiving the quote request, our staff will seek to engage an artist to assess the job and prepare a quote. Canberra Glassworks will then email or post you a written quote. Please note, this process can take between two to six weeks.
Timeframes for completion of work
Canberra Glassworks will endeavour to meet your requirements but the complexity of the work and the availability of artists will determine the schedule and deadline for any commissions. Please read the below terms and conditions.
For further queries, contact
Production & Commissions Manager on (02) 6185 0383 between 9am and 5pm, Mondays and Tuesdays, or enquire in person at Reception between 10am and 4pm, Wednesday to Friday.