Situated in the historic Kingston Power House, Canberra Glassworks combines spacious industrial cathedral interiors with the drama and thrill of glass blowing for a truly unforgettable experience.
Canberra Glassworks provides artists with state-of-the-art equipment; intensive workshops taught by leading glass artists; studios and residency programs; and a unique context to explore, develop and realise new work.
Canberra Glassworks also provides diverse opportunities for visitors to interact with and learn about glass making and the heritage of Canberra’s Kingston Power House. Visitors can meet artists, see glassmaking as it happens, view exhibitions, take tours and have a hands-on experience working with glass.
- To enhance the careers of artists by providing state-of-the-art equipment, facilities, and high quality programs which support innovation, development, production alongside the exhibition and promotion of their work
- To provide accessible opportunities for children and adults to view and learn about contemporary glass and connect with the heritage values and history of the Kingston Powerhouse
- To provide a world-class tourist experience alongside Canberra’s significant national attractions and institutions
- To build and promote Canberra Glassworks as a nationally and internationally recognised Australian centre for excellence in contemporary art, craft and design
- To operate in a manner that is professional and financially responsible so that Canberra Glassworks endures